Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kid Created Scavenger Hunt


Many things make me proud as a mother, but when my children create their own entertainment I am always genuinely so proud.  It might seem simple to some but in this day and age of immediate entertainment of television, video games and tablets children are at risk of losing the skill of entertaining themselves.  Therefore, I spend a lot of "mothering" time trying to ensure that my children don't fall into the electronic abyss.  So when my daughter created this outdoor scavenger hunt for us to participate in the other day all by herself from the idea to the finished product, I was super proud.  She quietly started drawing a map of the yard and natural objects we had to collect at each location.  Then she made copies, made a cardboard mailbox with slots for each of us and the game was ready to go.  It was lots of fun for us all to do and I was beaming throughout the entire game.

What small moments make you proud as a parent?  

1 comment:

  1. Now, isn’t she a dear child? :) Planning a scavenger hunt is not as easy as it is played. And yeah, thinking that we are now at the age where every kid is fond of digital games, it’s something a mom can be proud of. I’m not guessing, I’m saying she’s a smart girl. :D

    Rosalinda ^.^

    ReplyDelete